7939 St. Clair Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Phone: (818) 765-4234
Fax: (818) 764-5912
Office Hours 7:30- 4:30
School Hours 8:00- 2:23
A Message From Principal Diaz
Happy April and happy Spring to all our Strathern community. This month many activities are occurring that are helping our students achieve. This month we have many interventions occurring to help support our students in being successful on the Smarter Balanced Assessment. At this time, K-2nd grade teachers are preparing students to succeed on their final Interim Assessment and 3rd - 5th grade teachers are helping students succeed on the Smarter Balanced Assessment. If you have any concerns now, please make an appointment with your child’s teacher.
The state and district assessments will begin soon. Make sure that your child is reviewing past lessons, help them by asking them what is the new material they have learned in class. In Kinder through 2 grade practice the letter sounds, sight words and reading every day, as well as the numbers and the fact families. In the upper grades practice reading every day and summarizing what has been read, as well as the multiplication and division facts.
Parents please take time to talk to your children about safe practices to use going to and from school. These May include:
· Avoid walking alone.
· Never take a ride with or walk with a stranger.
· If a stranger approaches or attempts to get the child into a vehicle, children should scream and run for help.
· Students should use precautionary measures, even while waiting inside of the school yard, until parents arrive.
· Parents and students should maintain good communication about pick-up/drop-off times and locations.
· Never walk in an isolated area or alley.
· April. 1: PTA Chuck E. Cheese fundraiser
· April 5: Banked Time, 1:23 Dismissal
· April 6: ELAC Mtg. @ 8:30am and SSC Mtg. @ 2:40 pm in room 20
· April 12 : Banked Time, 1:23 Dismissal
· April 13: ELAC Mtg. at 8:30am in room 20
· April 15: 5th Grade Panorama Picture at 8:30am
· April 18: Kindergarten Audiometric Testing
· April 19: Banked Time, 1:23 Dismissal
· April 19-20: 5th Grade students take the Science CST
· April 21: 5th Grade students to Sun Valley MS 8-11am
· April 22: Spirit Day: Twin Day!
· April 22: Warning Notices go Home
· April 23: Campus Beautification 9am-12pm
· April 26: Banked Time, 1:23 Dismissal
· April 26: Open House! 5:00-5:30 Smarter Balanced Informational Mtg. in room 20, 5:30-7pm Classroom Visits
· April 28: Coffee with the Principal in the Parent Center
· April 29: 5th Grade Field Trip to Cabrillo Aquarium
Thank you for your continuous support!
Dismissal gate locations are as follows:
Ready, Set, Go! Program meets in the auditorium:
LA’s Best students will now have new meeting location as follows:
Youth Services (Y.S.) will continue to serve students in 2nd – 5th grade. They will meet in the auditorium daily immediately after school.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the main office.