7939 St. Clair Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Phone: (818) 765-4234
Fax: (818) 764-5912
Office Hours 7:30- 4:30
School Hours 8:00- 2:23
A Message From Principal Diaz
Smarter Balanced testing is in progress as well as end of year testing, and now we look ahead to preparing students and reviewing everything they need to know for the next grade level. The work of teachers does not stop after testing, which is why it is very important that your child attend school and be here on time every day for the remainder of the school year. I encourage you to find learning opportunities for your child. Check the local library, and park for activities that they offer children during the summer. Strathern will not offer Summer School however, LA’s Best will hold a summer program at Strathern. If you are interested in enrolling your child please see Coach Lydia or Coach Al.
No Council Meetings this month
TK-K Enrollment packets will be available to families once you have attended an orientation meeting in our school auditorium. Our informational meetings are as follows:
May 19 8:30am Spanish and 2:45pm English
May 26 8:30am English and 2:45 Spanish
June 01 8:30am Spanish and 2:45 English
Please begin collecting the following documents: enrollment packet, birth certificate, Immunization record, address verification.
Strathern Appropriate Attire
Now that winter has left us and the days begin to get hotter we want to remind you that students should arrive to school wearing appropriate attire
· No Sandals, no backless tops, and appropriate short lengths
Recently there have been several sizeable earthquakes in different parts of the world that caused damages, injuries, and deaths. Below, you will find tips and resources to help you and your family get ready for the next earthquake in Los Angeles, which could be anytime and anywhere.
Focus-All Common Areas
· Walk where you’re going
· Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
· Use all equipment and materials properly
· Stay in your play area
· Use kind words and actions
· Wait for your turn
· Follow adult directions
· Respect yours, others’, and school property
· Use a considerate voice
· Follow school rules
· Remind others to follow school rules
· Take care of all equipment
Be Neat & Clean
· Clean up after yourself and help keep the school clean
· Wash your hands often
· May 10: 1:23 Dismissal/ 5th grade Parent Informational Mtg. 4-5pm in auditorium
· May 11: GATE Parent Informational Meeting in Auditorium @ 2:30pm
· May 17: 1:23 Dismissal
· May 19: TK-K Orientation Mtg. in Aud. 8:30 & 2:45
· May 20: Minimum Day 12:43pm Dismissal
· May 24: 1:23 Dismissal
· May 25: State Pre-school End of Year
· May 26: TK-K Orientation Mtg. in Aud. 8:30 & 2:45
· May 27: Coffee with the Principal, Spirit Day: Beach Day (no sandals)
· May 30: Memorial Day, School Closed
· May 31: 1:23 Dismissal
· June 01: TK-K Orientation Mtg. in Aud. 8:30 & 2:45
· June 02: K-4th Grade Awards Assemblies by Invitation
· June 03: 5th Grade Picnic
· June 06: 5th Grade Culmination @ Poly HS 4pm
· June 9: Minimum Day 12:43 Dismissal
· June 10: Minimum Day 12:43 Dismissal, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Thank you for your continuous support!
Dismissal gate locations are as follows:
Ready, Set, Go! Program meets in the auditorium:
LA’s Best students will now have new meeting location as follows:
Youth Services (Y.S.) will continue to serve students in 2nd – 5th grade. They will meet in the auditorium daily immediately after school.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the main office.